Catch More Fish™ Crappie Kit
With a Shakespeare® Catch More Fish® tackle box kit anglers will have the basic tackle needed to land that crappie all in one convenient location.
- Includes Berkley® PowerBait® minnows, marabou jigs, grubs, live bait tackle and tackle box
- Durable tackle tray with latches
- Berkley® PowerBait® Minnows
- 2 - Marabou Jigs
- 6 - Grubs
- 12 - Hooks
- 4 - Jig Heads
- 10 - Split Shots
- 2 - Bobbers
- 1 - Stringer
- Jig Head
- Insert the hook into the nose of the Berkley® PowerBait® Minnow
- Thread the bait onto the hook. When the hook reaches the middle of the bait, push the end of the hook out of the bait.
- Slide the bait towards the head of the jig.
- Fishing Tips
- Fishing a jig head is one of the most versatile methods for Crappie fishing. Once the bait hits the water lift your rod tip up and reel in slightly, then let the bait fall back down. Also, try to add a little twitching action to the bait by jerking the rod slightly as you lift it upward. Make sure to keep the slack out of your line so you can set the hook when a fish bites.
- Float Rig
- Attach bobber to line on the top and bottom. Adjust the depth of the bobber by sliding it up and down the line.
- Tie a Marabou jig to the end of the line.
- Fishing Tips
- One of the most successful techniques for catching Crappie is using a float rig. Crappie stay together in groups, so when you catch one there are usually more in that area. Try adjusting your bobber to different depths and retrieve slowly until you find where the fish are feeding. Keep a close eye on your bobber and when it begins to move or goes under, pull back to tighten your line, but do not jerk.