Catch More Fish™ Trout Kit
With a Shakespeare® Catch More Fish® tackle box kit anglers will have the basic tackle needed to land that trout all in one convenient location.
- Includes Berkley® PowerBait® Floating Mice Tails, inline trout spinner baits, float rigs and bottom rigs and tackle box
- Durable tackle tray with latches
- Berkley® PowerBait® Floating Mice Tails
- 2 - Inline Spinner Baits
- 3 - Bobbers
- 4 - Swivels
- 5 - Trout Hooks
- 8 - Split Shots
- 1 - Stringer
- 1 - Egg Sinker
- 5 - Treble Hooks
- Carolina Rig
- Thread egg sinker on the line.
- Tie main line to the barrel swivel. On the other end of barrel swivel - tie on a 18”-24” leader to a single hook.
- Thread a Berkley® PowerBait® Floating Mice Tail onto the hook as shown in the picture below
- Fishing Tips
- A Carolina Rig is one of the best bottom rigs for Trout fishing. Carolina rigs help to prevent your line from getting snagged on the bottom because the weight can move freely up and down the main line. A Carolina rig also allows a fish to pick up the bait without feeling the weight of the sinker. There are several ways to fish a Carolina rig: 1) keep a tight line and try to keep the bait still on the bottom, 2) bounce the weight on the bottom with a slow retrieve, 3) let the current take the rig as it bounces along the bottom.
- Bobber Rig
- Attach bobber to line on the top and bottom. Adjust the depth of the bobber by sliding it up and down the line.
- Tie a small trout hook to the end of the line.
- Crimp a split shot weight onto the line a few inches above the hook.
- Attach the PowerBait® Floating Mice Tail onto the hook by inserting head into the Mice Tail.
- Fishing Tips
- Cast trout float rig upstream and allow the bait to make its way back downstream maximizing your fishing area. Try fishing near heavy covered areas like brush piles, fallen trees, and rocky bottom. Trout also tend to hold on slight bends, eddies, and deeper spots on rivers and streams. Also, try targeting areas behind rocks and points where the current is moving slower.